Doctor, Doctor, Give me the News.

My father would end this with a bad case of lovin' you. He is officially a doctor, Doctor Watson I presume. I am immensely proud of him. That is what today is about for us.
My lover has a great point about the holidays, specifically Thanksgiving, Valentines, Veterans and Memorial day. We are using these holiday's as an excuse to not treat or act this way towards the ones we love and the ones who deserve it all year round. Why do we only come together as a whole family on Thanksgiving? What was wrong with last tuesday or next month when everyone is stressed about taxes and needs a reminder of what life is really about? Love and family. We use Valentine's day as a day to appreciate the ones we are a part of forever, instead of spending everyday treating each other to lovely gifts and words. We should be reminding our Vets and our lost ones of how much their sacrifice means to us every single moment, not one day out of the year when we can put aside our busy lives for these heros. 
Ever since I was little my mother and father have used Valentine's day to show me and my siblings how much they love us and how we are a product of love, of them. I believe that is a much purer celebration than a card that sings "Wild Things" with a dancing monkey on the front once a year for your sweetie. 
So here is to YOU, everyone, today and tomorrow and the next day and so on tell someone you love just how much you love them. Not just with some card, or rather e-card these days, but with words, a phone call from far away, or better yet go and spend some time just being together. Be together as a family this month, or tell a vet how much his or her service means to you. Yes, guys you should still give your girl some chocolate and a flower tree, probably. And Girls you should let your sweetie kiss you more today. BUT, tomorrow, don't stop. I know that sounds dirty. I am serious, never stop loving eachother. I mean hell, watch the Notebook but then go and watch something with your Mom or Dad or all your family to let them know how glad you are that they love each other.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Time