Cold and burning

The silver wind strikes my face. I keep my eyes closed. My wings stretch out the tips flexing and sifting the air between each feather. No longer crushed into my sides, no longer in the darkness, no longer covered by my humanity, I open my wings to the sun and the sky. They are strong. I can hold the sky below me and above me. The air caresses my body to the tips of my toes. My hair will be a mess when I am through, but for now I will let the wind twist his fingers through it. I see a billow of water and dirt, a cloud. Tucking my wings in to my sides, not cramped like before, but like an arrow, swift and straight. I fall, fast. Diving into the cloud water permeates my whole being. I bathe in this water, bask in this sun, strengthen my soul with the foundations of my flight.
Cleans my body, mind and soul. Leave my heart in this clean and and pure sky.
By the time I glide low enough to be seen, I am called back to being alert. I scan the Earth below me, desperate to be hidden and to not become distracted by that which I see. No one comes to these mountains. However, the risk never leaves me, the fear of being hunted. After an cursory scan I see nothing and try a more detailed scan to perhaps find a place to rest and partake in a real bath. I see a grope of falls and some ponds and pool. It will be quite a day searching for an uninhabited body of water to bathe in. I have nothing to trade any water being for my safety and a bath. I flew birthright, nude today. I couldn't resist. And I have had enough encounters to know my hair is the only thing I could offer. And that will not happen.
I land at the falls, Kelsies, or waterhorses seldom dwell in moving water, so there is no immediate concern. I try to act nonchalant as I sit by the bottom half. I am using my other senses to detect who dwells here, or owns Here.  She seems to fall, and float and slide and dive and swim with the water fall and over the cliff. I pretend not to watch her. Not many creatures have Strong Sight, rather than the usual True Sight or lack thereof.
She has a body of water and flesh. Just enough mortality to tempt. She is voluptuous, but only because she 'moulds' herself that way. Her hair is the ocean's spray and her eyes the glassy shore in the sun. Like mirrors. Once her dance into the water below is finished, she swims over to the shore I sit at only her eyes on me.
*Such a nice young female, such tender flesh, full of awe and mortality...*
All that was wasted on me love, I whisper. I just want to bathe. She hisses at me and slides away. As she comes up out of the water she makes her body much thinner, waif like. She also makes herself look fully mortal.
*What will you give me to ... soil my home? ....Perhaps your beautiful hair? It reminds me of .....gold and copper...Or perhaps you are so magnanimous to give me copper itself?*
I have no metal as you can clearly see and my hair will remain mine. What if I bring you something delicious? Will you let me bathe then?
*.....Mmmmm. Yesssss.....But only while I feeeddd. After you must leave.....*
Agreed.
Our kind don't break agreements of any kind. No one in the world does with any of the Kind. I will find her a treat. No fish or rabbits. She craves mortal flesh. I am not even mortal enough for her. If a human was stupid enough to wander into the mountains, she would let me bathe forever. She is mature enough a succubs/nymph to feast on a man for an eternity. Her nymph side would grant him immortality enough to live a long life. And she would feed on him with her succubus side.
I shiver thinking about human emotions. They are truly delicious. I am not of the succubi so I so not literally feed on the emotions, but all Kind live in that realm of emotions and senses and awe. My grandmother was a full Sylph. She drank beauty and ate light. She also ate her lovers though...My mother was what you would call an Angel. Not of the human's petty god. My father is not known to me. However, I assume he was a creature who fed on Awe. Something we call for the reaction it gives. Beaty does it, sex does it, religion does it, pain does it, anything gives awe. But not always.
With my wings, I feed on the awe of the sky. I have been around man, but never spoken to them, nor touched one nor been close enough to feed.
While slowly walking, gliding I search for her food. I hate sleeping in that cave, so I leave my wings out as often as possible. I would love to sleep in the trees and mountain tops but...well when I was first on my own....that was the first time being near man. I was imprisoned and used as entertainment. I only lived by their Awe of me. Once free, I never give myself the chance of capture again.
I hit my foot against something soft and smooth. My feet were not on the ground. I look down, while lightly flut.
I am startled but not stupid. He is dirty, and rough and his hair is tangled. He smells of metal and oil. I know of oil from the distant oceans. He is wrapped in rather dark material, his clothing is not expensive to my tastes. Then again he would never have been able to by this from a Kind Market. I inspect and circle him until he stirs. Then I am up straight up. Get away, flee. Run. Fly.
But curiosity gets the best of me before I even make it past the canopy. I very quietly, like that of my owl brothers, fly down till my face is inches from his. He will see me first so that he knows I am not afraid. My wings are back and my hair is all over. I keep my toes in the air and ready to fly off at the slightest...

He is beautiful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Time