Since The city,  Eushaunn, is Kilos away i will take us about two weeks journey to arrive. Therefore the invitation is always sent about four months in advance. We had more then enough time to prepare and yet the moment i announced it to the hall, there was chaos. It was as if we were leaving the next day! Oh how i love our ladies and gentlemen who tend to the Hall. The women went hysterical beginning to get out the travel clothes and the armor for our journey. The men went straight to the Villa where our horses and traveling carts we always kept. It was immediate.  I, on the other hand, went to the library. It wasn't time yet for combat practice and i wanted to get some domestic issues cleared up before we left. 
The Villa of Dyllen was lead by a distant cousin of my father's. He was an excellent Lord and a terrific warrior. However, his son... he doesn't belong in Wood. HIs father is still alive in a simple house in the Laor. The Fae care for him since he has gone beyond caring for himself. He was wounded in battle and is partially paralyzed. When he was taken to Laor, his son took over in a heartbeat. He changed some villa laws ( anyones that my sister would over look) and has always wanted to restore a sort of court akin to the ones they have in the cities on the southern coast. My father put him down a notch when he tried to get his people to battle against the Lyshxien ( they are the only terror the Wood has and they only appear when fear runs in a valley or even a single child). He told the women they could not fight because they were 'women and belonged in the home for the husbands' return".... i asked my father if i could show the sniveling son a true woman...he said no. I still remember the look on the man's face when my father brought all his women to the battle field and took all the men off. It was like watching a play. 
But being fifteen i still did not want to go to his villa to carry out my last duty before i began my own preparation for the journey. I had to though. I took my fastest mare and was galloping out of hte stables before i could stop myself from doing my worst job i have. Talking to Nikalouse frien Dyllen.

Comments

  1. GAH!!! You write so beautifully! I wish my writing was half as good... I'll go cry with my camera now...;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Time

cap ou pas cap